Membership of Southampton Orienteering Club (SOC) is encouraged for anyone resident in south Hampshire interested in orienteering. While membership is not usually required to attend local events, it brings the following additional benefits:
- Free training and mentoring sessions
- Club kit (free for juniors)
- Inter-club competitions and relay events
- Social activities
- Map, plan, or organise SOC events
- Chair's newsletter
- Members' access to website
- Club Strava group
Membership of SCOA brings the following benefits:
- Ability to participate in the SCOA League and Championships
- For juniors, the ability to train and compete with the SCOA Junior Squad
Membership of British Orienteering brings the following benefits:
- A reduced entry fee at most orienteering events nationwide
- Eligibility to compete in major competitions such as the British Championships
- Recognition through the 'Navigational Challenge' and 'Racing Challenge' incentive schemes
- Access to discounts from British Orienteering's partners: a full list of discounts can be found here
- Ability to score Ranking points at all Regional, National, and Major Events (if you are 16 or over)
- Access to many resources in the members' section of the British Orienteering website
- Public Liability Insurance when participating in events and activities registered with British Orienteering
- The monthly British Orienteering member email newsletter
- Eligibility to vote at the British Orienteering Annual General Meeting
Membership fees for 2021 are made up as follows:
|Senior (21 or over on 31st December 2021)||£8.00||£0.00||£15.00||£23.00|
|Junior (21 or under on 31st December 2021)||£0.00||£0.00||£5.00||£5.00|
The membership year runs from 1st January to 31st December. Anyone joining on or after 1st November will be granted membership until the end of the following year, i.e. anyone joining on or after 1st November 2021 will be granted membership until the 31st December 2022.
As rates may change on 1st November each year, please check that the information given is current.
How to join
Other membership types
Group membership of SOC is available for youth groups providing activities for young persons aged 18 and under. Contact the enquiries [at] socweb.org (membership secretary) for more information.
Individuals may also join SOC directly if, for example, they are already a member of British Orienteering through another club. Please complete the online membership form and then make payment via bank transfer as directed.
Please contact the enquiries [at] socweb.org (membership secretary) for any assistance or further information.